Lumineers and Dental Veneers for a Dazzling Smile
If you want an impeccable, Hollywood-style smile, you have a few different options in the realm of cosmetic dentistry—namely, Lumineers and dental veneers.
Lumineers and dental veneers can provide a variety of benefits including:
- Correction of a crooked smile
- Provision of a more balanced look between the teeth and gums
- A way to correct discoloration
- Giving teeth a more uniform look
- Elimination of the appearance of gaps and chips
Comparing Lumineers and Veneers
While both Lumineers and veneers can correct a variety of dental issues, and give you a beautiful, ideal smile, there are differences between them.
- Porcelain dental veneers are the traditional option for correcting cosmetic issues you may have with your teeth, and they’re the approximate thickness of a wafer. These wafer-thin veneers are permanently bonded to your teeth, making them strong, durable and long-lasting. They’re also stain-resistant.
- A dental veneer is similar to a crown in that it doesn’t cover the entire tooth—instead, veneers only cover a portion of the tooth, which helps maintain the structure of integrity of the underlying tooth.
- A dental Lumineer is a specific brand of veneer, designed to be ultra-thin. Lumineers are even thinner than traditional veneers, and are placed right on top of the original tooth. It’s also a painless dental procedure, which makes this the primary advantage of choosing Lumineers instead of traditional veneers. Since traditional veneers do require some removal of the tooth’s structure, there can be some associated pain.
The Advantages of Lumineers and Dental Veneers
What makes Lumineers and dental veneers so great?
They give that picture-perfect smile without requiring you to undergo complex surgeries or orthodontic treatment.
Both of these products can provide a remedy to a wide variety of dental problems and concerns, and it’s a relatively easy procedure that doesn’t require the removal of much, if any, of the actual tooth.
If you want that perfect smile you’ve always dreamed of having, contact our highly experienced, professional team at Calgary Dental Clinics and let us show you the difference a flawless smile can make in your life, with the addition of Lumineers or dental veneers.